Friday, July 27, 2018

Most Quotable Movies #10: "The Big Lebowski"

I'm nothing if not one to jump on an appealing bandwagon, so I'm joining in with Bridgett Burk's latest Blog Club list of the Ten Most Quotable Movies. My primary criteria is that each of these movies contains quotes that my closest friends and I use on a regular basis, either in person or in handy meme/GIF form. Bringing our list in at #10 is the Coen Brothers' 1998 classic comedy, The Big Lebowski.

This entire script is quotable, as the story is filled with memorable characters. It's brilliantly written, acted, and directed, and the film has been so influential that it's spawned its own pseudo-religion known as "Dudism." I suppose if you're looking for direction and meaning in your life, you could do a lot worse than Jeffrey "The Dude" Lebowski.

Ten Favorite Quotes:
"Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man."
"Shut the fuck up, Donny!"
"That rug really tied the room together."
"Am I the only one who gives a shit about the rules?!"
"You are entering a world of pain."
"Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!"
"Sooner or later you are going to have to face the fact that you’re a moron."
"You don't have to be afraid of them. They're nihilists; they don't believe in anything."
"I’m sorry, I wasn’t listening."
"The Dude abides." 

No comments:

Post a Comment